Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kochi-Muziris Biennale: - Reviving the past, Changing the Present, Molding the Future

Kochi-Muziris Biennale. An experience like never before

"Art has always inspired everyone around with new thoughts helping to establish a better future"



It's been a long time since my previous post. Actually, I had nothing to write about. Lately The Event of a Lifetime had brought this urge to write.

As most of you might know The Show has already begun; and I know I should've started writing and posting about this from the very first day. The truth was that I was too caught up in the excitement and thrill to actually get around working on it. But, as the wise ones say, it's better late than never, right? :)


I know there are still many people out there who don't know what KMB (short for Kochi-Muziris Biennale) truly is but I promise you this is not "Saayipinte Ganamela". Biennale means every two years. This amazing event had first started in Venice (on 1895) and had spread across the world till today. It's an international arts festival featuring art from across the globe. I call it "The Celebration of Art".
This international art festival has now come to India and has taken Kochi as its home. I gratefully thank renowned artists, Riyaz Komu and Boss Krishnamachari, along with the Kochi Biennale team for bringing this epic event to Kerala, thus putting out beloved state on the world map as a cultural center.

This event showcases international and local paintings, sculptures, indoor and outdoor artwork, and so much more from artists around the world. So if you haven't seen an original artwork, here's your chance. In short, the KMB is a really awesome event that, I am sure, would blow your minds sky high. All you got to do is open your mind and see for yourself.



My first day at Biennale was amazing. The inauguration at Parade Ground (Fort Kochi) launched the KMB with a Big Bang. The show stealer, however, was the grand finale, which was a show performed by M.I.A with local artists. For me, mere words cannot describe what I felt just being there. The Kochi Biennale team worked really hard to ensure everything went smooth and well coordinated. Being with them, seeing their hard work, made me truly wish I could've been among them, making history.



This one day made me fall head-over-heels for KMB. I Hope all of you who read this post could come and see for yourself what Kochi-Muziris Biennale really is.


Who knows, you might feel the call of creativity yourself!

No comments: