Monday, July 26, 2010

Shattered Heart



Shattered Heart

As it turned from day to night
All have slept but me, i cant.
The thought that i lost you
tortured my mind.
You tore up my heart
when you left me behind.

You gave me hope, you gave me heart
I was sure that you'd never depart.
The days we spent were enchanting and golden,
Why would you leave me,
Without a chat or a reason.

Your memories haunt me every night and day
And my love for you, i cant push it away.
I'm tired of fighting, i'm tired of running,
My love for you will only keep growing.

And all alone in this moonless night,
I see nothing but you when i close my eyes.
The pain grows strong as days pass by,
Hoping you'd be here when i open my eyes.

- Rajesh Mohan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O my goodness!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this is your first poem! My first poem wasn't even half this good! I really love the flow, and the way it comes together! It left me guessing until the end. I really can't even tell you anything that's wrong with it. Not to be too personal but if you're under 21 you should join TWIG it's "The Writer's Internet Guild", and you can post your poems, get positive feedback, and read other peoples stuff too. There are also short stories, to be published books, and tons of other stuff! the address is twigwriters.com/forum it's a lot of fun, and just really cool.

Arun Kumar Pillai said...

felt the pain....

THis ParticulaR Parvati said...

How come i never came across this blog of yours earlier. You write really. Dont ever stop. Keep writing.

Ashie said...

This poem is beautiful...what was it written about? if you don't mind me asking? A loss of a loved one or a breakup? Id like to follow you..if you have a facebook page...
Well written...